Saturday, January 2, 2010

Coming in 2010


Hey, everybody! Sorry it's been a minute since I posted. The good news is I've been spending a lot of time planning what this blog will look like in 2010. Here are a few things you should look for:

More social, more Q&A
After experimenting with posting questions on Facebook and Twitter, I've decided the best approach to interaction is to let you ask the bulk of the questions. After all, you know what your biggest financial concerns are. I'll still be available for you to follow and ask me questions on Twitter but I'm also going to be using a new social tool called Formspring. Bookmark my page and leave your personal finance or economics questions for me to answer anytime. The best will wind up as blog posts here.

For the love of money
I don't know if it's because I'm in my early 30s and everyone I know is confused about cash and coupling, or if it's simply a sign of the times, but at least half of the questions people ask me concern how to handle money in relationships. Since there's so much interest in the topic, I've decided to make it an area of focus on the blog in 2010, putting it right up there with my $0 Balance Challenge. So if you're trying to figure out how to get your money and your honey together, this is the place to be in 2010.

Getting and staying debt-free
Speaking of that Zero-Balance Challenge, I plan on expanding and developing it in 2010. You'll see me partner with other bloggers and institutions to give you the best advice, support and information on how to reduce your credit-card debt to zero and keep it there. We'll also be selecting a few readers to tell their personal stories of how they got out of debt or stayed there. Check in often and keep that plastic in your pocket.

image courtesy of freedigitalphotos.net

No comments: